The History of Wenzhou Medical University can be traced back to the former Zhejiang Specialized Medical School established in Hangzhou in 1912, as one of the earliest higher learning institution in modern medicine. In August 1958, a group of faculty were sent from Hangzhou to Wenzhou to help build up Zhejiang Second Medical College, which was renamed Wenzhou Medical College after the city it is located. In 2013, it changed its name to Wenzhou Medical University.
|1958-||Starting the recruitment of students of 5-year Undergraduate Program in Clinical Medicine|
|1978-||Starting the recruitment of Master’s Degree Students|
|1981-||Becoming One of the First Institutions of Higher Learning Entitled by the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee under the State Council to Confer the Master’s Degree|
|2006-||Entitled by the Academic Degree Evaluation Committee under the State Council to Confer the Doctoral Degree|
|2009-||approved to set up the post-doctoral research station|
|2013-|| changing name to Wenzhou Medical University|